Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 SSIS and Import/Export (2005)
 SSIS Deployment

Author  Topic 

InPharmative
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 2008-07-22 : 13:35:32
Ok having some issues getting a package deployed.

I have set up the configuration for SQL Server table.
Created the table. Walked through the Configure Package and added the Filters I think I need.

Now what the heck do I do?

I did a build went to locatation of the Deployment folder
Do I take this over to the server run it ?

Please can someone give me step by step instructions I am slow and ride the short bus!

Michael

Thanks Michael Webb
www.InPharmative.com

visakh16
Very Important crosS Applying yaK Herder

52326 Posts

Posted - 2008-07-22 : 13:39:35
you can export the package to server. go to Sql management studio and connect to Integration Services -> your server. then go to msdb on server explorer on left and then right click and export package and browse to local folder and select package give security setting as rely on server roles. Once you do this you can either configure a job to execute the package at your convininet schedule or right click and manually run it.
Go to Top of Page

InPharmative
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 2008-07-22 : 15:14:45
Ok I have another issue!

When I go and add the Package Configuration. Then come back in and try to run the package from Designer I get a Error:

TITLE: Package Validation Error
------------------------------

Package Validation Error

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Error at InFormedRx_PDM_Scrub: The connection "{9922301E-23F2-4CAC-B065-34CC3B1785C6}" is not found. This error is thrown by Connections collection when the specific connection element is not found.

Error at Data Flow Task [DTS.Pipeline]: Cannot find the connection manager with ID "{9922301E-23F2-4CAC-B065-34CC3B1785C6}" in the connection manager collection due to error code 0xC0010009. That connection manager is needed by "runtime connection "OleDbConnection" (199)" in the connection manager collection of "component "OLE DB Destination" (191)". Verify that a connection manager in the connection manager collection, Connections, has been created with that ID.

Error at Data Flow Task [DTS.Pipeline]: component "OLE DB Destination" (191) failed validation and returned error code 0xC004800B.

Error at Data Flow Task [DTS.Pipeline]: One or more component failed validation.

Error at Data Flow Task: There were errors during task validation.

(Microsoft.DataTransformationServices.VsIntegration)

BUTTONS:

OK

Thanks Michael Webb
www.InPharmative.com
Go to Top of Page

InPharmative
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 2008-07-22 : 15:51:44
Ok I was able to get it to run with out any Package Configuration.
Then I went to Solution Explorer and right clicked the solution Set the deploy properties to Yes
Then I again right clicked and build/Rebuild.
Went and copied the deploy folder and went over to remote server and pasted the deploy folder
to the desktop. Then connected Integration Server on remote server went to MSDB right clicked and tried imporing the Package.

I get this error:
TITLE: Import Package

Login timeout expired
An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections.
Named Pipes Provider: Could not open a connection to SQL Server [2]. (Microsoft SQL Native Client)

BUTTONS:

OK

Thanks Michael Webb
www.InPharmative.com
Go to Top of Page

visakh16
Very Important crosS Applying yaK Herder

52326 Posts

Posted - 2008-07-23 : 10:49:31
may be this
http://littletalk.wordpress.com/2008/03/21/an-error-has-occurred-while-establishing-a-connection-to-the-server-when-connecting-to-sql-server-2005-this-failure-may-be-caused-by-the-fact-that-under-the-default-settings-sql-server-does-not-all/
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -