Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Site Related Forums
 Article Discussion
 Article: SQL Server worm on the prowl

Author  Topic 

AskSQLTeam
Ask SQLTeam Question

0 Posts

Posted - 2001-11-25 : 11:48:41
ZDNet is reporting that worm is targeting SQL Server installations with blank sa passwords. If you have a SQL Server box that is exposed to the Internet please make sure it has an sa password.

Article Link.

RocketScientist
Official SQLTeam Chef

85 Posts

Posted - 2001-11-28 : 16:48:08
In other news, ZDNet reported today that all of the major auto makers are urging that you don't leave your keys in your car when you've parked it in a public place, that you should consider perhaps locking your front door when you leave for work in the morning, and, oh, by the way, change your underwear regulary (more than once a month, graz).

-rs

Go to Top of Page

robvolk
Most Valuable Yak

15732 Posts

Posted - 2001-11-28 : 17:06:42
Underwear? What's that? (I can hear Merkin saying "eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww", as well he should)

Actually, I leave my car doors unlocked and the keys in the ignition...next to the rabid German Shepard in the front seat.

I also leave my front door wide open (lots of fresh air!), with a sign next to it saying "Prison Shower This Way ->".

So far I've had no problems...

Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -