Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 SSIS and Import/Export (2005)
 Getting data for current month - urgent

Author  Topic 

notes4we
Yak Posting Veteran

90 Posts

Posted - 2008-09-17 : 11:05:16
Hello Friends,
I am using SSIS and I have SQL Server Source and the same Destination. I have a column datetime created in my source and it contains data for about 15 years. I just want to retrieve the data for the current month. i.e, from September 1, 2008 to September 17, 2008. Can anyone plz help me, how can I achieve this?

Using Conditional Split Transformation or SQL Query for this? I want to do this task using SSIS.

Thank you.
notes4we

vamsimahi
Starting Member

29 Posts

Posted - 2008-09-17 : 11:19:42
For your OLEDB destination, instead of taking the data access mode as Table , take the mode as SQL command.

write appropriate SQL query which compares with the source data and get the data for this month.

insert this data into your other table where you want the data for just this month.
Go to Top of Page

vamsimahi
Starting Member

29 Posts

Posted - 2008-09-17 : 12:15:56
If you just want to get the data for this month from those 15years data into a table, without any transformations.

You can just take a Execute SQL task and write your query:

insert into TABLE2
select * from TABLE1
where datepart(month,getdate()) = datepart(month,YourTable1Col)
and datepart(year,getdate()) = datepart(year,YourTable1Col)

Go to Top of Page

visakh16
Very Important crosS Applying yaK Herder

52326 Posts

Posted - 2008-09-17 : 12:50:02
quote:
Originally posted by notes4we

Hello Friends,
I am using SSIS and I have SQL Server Source and the same Destination. I have a column datetime created in my source and it contains data for about 15 years. I just want to retrieve the data for the current month. i.e, from September 1, 2008 to September 17, 2008. Can anyone plz help me, how can I achieve this?

Using Conditional Split Transformation or SQL Query for this? I want to do this task using SSIS.

Thank you.
notes4we

just use a execute sql task with statement as

INSERT INTO DestTable
SELECT * FROM SourceTable
WHERE DATEADD(mm,DATEDIFF(mm,0,Yourdatecolumn),0)=DATEADD(mm,DATEDIFF(mm,0,GETDATE()),0)
Go to Top of Page

notes4we
Yak Posting Veteran

90 Posts

Posted - 2008-09-18 : 11:06:44
Thank you so much for all your replies.

The business logic was that there are two units associated with a single machine. So, the number fields were units that I wanted together in one.

If there are two columns UnitID1 and UnitID2, both having integers in it and if we wish to get the UnitID1 and UnitID2 as “UnitID1, UnitID2” in our destination Stations, then we use the following derived column expression. UnitID1 has no null values, but UnitID2 might have null values also.

[Copy of UnitID1] + (ISNULL([Copy of UnitID2]) ? " " : " , " + [Copy of UnitID2])

'Copy' as I have used Data Conversion transformation to change the datatypes before using derived column. Thank you once again all of you.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -