Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Programming
 C# to SQL SERVER

Author  Topic 

chrono25
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 2008-10-13 : 02:08:37
Hi yall, am an sql server newb and i need help, i'm running sql server 2005 using sql server management studio express to do queries and such, and i have a .aspx file in c# 2005 with a user name and password textbox, and i also have a database with username and password columns setup. I want to establish a connection from c#'s aspx form to that database in sql server so i can validate the username and password in order to get access to an additional aspx form.. any help will be greatly appreciated. (school project)

visakh16
Very Important crosS Applying yaK Herder

52326 Posts

Posted - 2008-10-13 : 02:39:27
use appropriate connection string in your webpage and use it to execute the query.
Go to Top of Page

visakh16
Very Important crosS Applying yaK Herder

52326 Posts

Posted - 2008-10-13 : 02:43:07
refer the link for connection string in sql express

http://www.aspspider.com/tips/Tip18.aspx
Go to Top of Page

afrika
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

2706 Posts

Posted - 2008-10-13 : 03:02:18
Seems you will have to do a lot of reading.

If you are using visual studio, add a database connection in the db panel on the top right hand corner next to the solutions panel. Then I would advice you to read up on .net membership provider, this will allow you to create you databases automatically, security and login.

For more on connection strings, see www.connectionstrings.com
Go to Top of Page

chrono25
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 2008-10-13 : 19:46:13
Ok guys let me try your suggestions to see if i can get anywhere and i will let you know! in the meantime thanks! i will mark it as resolved when i no longer require assistance.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -