Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2000)
 Future System Date

Author  Topic 

hwood125
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 2008-10-17 : 09:16:53

Is there anyway to change the System Date of only a database instead of changing the System Date on the server where it would effect all of the databases on a server?

I am testing something in the future on one database but if I change the date I don't want it to affect the other databases and what other users may be doing.

madhivanan
Premature Yak Congratulator

22864 Posts

Posted - 2008-10-17 : 10:38:04
In SELECT use something like

SELECT GETDATE()+10

Madhivanan

Failing to plan is Planning to fail
Go to Top of Page

visakh16
Very Important crosS Applying yaK Herder

52326 Posts

Posted - 2008-10-17 : 10:43:06
if you just need datepart alone remember to strip off time before addition else the result get will be having timepart as time when you run this.

SELECT DATEADD(dd,DATEDIFF(dd,0,GETDATE())+10,0)
Go to Top of Page

hwood125
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 2008-10-17 : 11:20:41
That won't change the system date when another application accesses the Server.

I need it to change the system date so my application will have the new date time stamp and when I'm done I can set it back.

Go to Top of Page

visakh16
Very Important crosS Applying yaK Herder

52326 Posts

Posted - 2008-10-17 : 11:29:15
quote:
Originally posted by hwood125

That won't change the system date when another application accesses the Server.

I need it to change the system date so my application will have the new date time stamp and when I'm done I can set it back.

you mean you need the change the value in table? then use UPDATE table SET value=...
Go to Top of Page

Michael Valentine Jones
Yak DBA Kernel (pronounced Colonel)

7020 Posts

Posted - 2008-10-17 : 12:44:29
SQL Server gets it's time from the operating system, so if you want to change the time, the only way to do it is change the system time.

If this is something that you really need to test, you will have to setup SQL on another host. It might be easier to do it in a virtual machine.

CODO ERGO SUM
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -