Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

Our new SQL Server Forums are live! Come on over! We've restricted the ability to create new threads on these forums.

SQL Server Forums
Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | Forum FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Site Related Forums
 Poll Discussion
 Poll: Are you an MCDBA?
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

chadmat
The Chadinator

USA
1974 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2002 :  13:40:10  Show Profile  Visit chadmat's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Got MCSE, MCSD, and MCDBA. Because my company paid for it. I don't think they are really necessary to do the job, but I think it gives you some credability as a consultant or a support professional.

I think when companies are paying $XXX per hour they feel better if you have certifications.

Same if they are calling on you to fix their problems, they feel better if you have certs.

So get the certs, they're not that hard.

-Chad

Go to Top of Page

Spyder
SQLTeam Author

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2002 :  00:18:52  Show Profile  Visit Spyder's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome to McDBAs. Would you like fries with that?

But on a more serious note, I would actually be in favor of an independent (translated non-Microsoft) certification for database administration -- something that covers the fundamentals of the relational model and logical database design, principles of backup and recovery, security and confidentiality ethics, and other sound practices for DBAs.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
SQL Server Forums © 2000-2019 SQLTeam Publishing, LLC Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000