Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 Data Corruption Issues
 Error 9003 while attaching

Author  Topic 

balajkhan
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2008-10-25 : 02:47:28
I have generated a user in SQL enterprise Manager by the name of SYSLOG and make it my data base(TRV) owner, but after power faliur SQL Server registration was unable to connect; I edited SQL server registration from SQL authentication to windows authentication which made my data base suspect. I detach my data base then tried to reatttch it but SQL server is generting an error

Error 9003: The LSN (314:462:1)passed to log scan in database TRV is invalid.

kindly fix it on priority basis or email at support@globale.com.pk

GilaMonster
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

4507 Posts

Posted - 2008-10-25 : 05:08:15
Do you have a backup?

Have a look at this blog post. It lists a way you might be able to force the DB to attach. Whether the DB will be usable afterwards or not is another matter.
[url]http://www.sqlskills.com/blogs/paul/post/TechEd-Demo-Creating-detaching-re-attaching-and-fixing-a-suspect-database.aspx[/url]

It may be a good idea to run a checkDB on all of the other DBs on that server, make sure nothing else is corrupt.

--
Gail Shaw
SQL Server MVP
Go to Top of Page

balajkhan
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2008-10-25 : 05:51:31
Thank you dear,
I am reading that article but wanna tell you one thing, I am not very well aware of SQL (Struture Query Language) I am a suuport Executive and do some stuff on Enterprise Manager only.
I havn't created any maintainance plan and never took manual backup (that's a fatal mistake I know) dear if anyone also can help me then please I am desperately waiting.
Go to Top of Page

GilaMonster
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

4507 Posts

Posted - 2008-10-25 : 08:15:27
Is there anyone there that does know SQL? Is there anyone you can get in that does know SQL?
Paul's blog is usually easy to follow, but it's a very good idea to have someone there who knows what they're doing. If you struggle with a step, post here and I'm sure someone will help.

One other thing that may help. Get the SQL error log (accessible via Enterprise Manager) and post any errors that refer to the Database TRV.

--
Gail Shaw
SQL Server MVP
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -