Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2000)
 SQL 2000 database suspect mode

Author  Topic 

cottage125
Starting Member

32 Posts

Posted - 2008-11-10 : 16:20:08
When I tried to restore the backup of production to my dev server my dtabase went to suspect mode in sql 2000
when I checked the error log files for that I found this message
The backup data in 'F:\Program Files\SQL\Backup\abc.BAK' is incorrectly formatted.
Backups cannot be appended, but existing backup sets may still be usable.
I have only one .BAK file no trn files. How can I recover my datbase from suspect mode??
I tried sp_configre and then changed database status to 16(torn page detection) from 48(suspect)
but after that also I can see the databse in suspect mode.
Do I need to create another databse and restore prod backup on it??Please let me know

tosscrosby
Aged Yak Warrior

676 Posts

Posted - 2008-11-10 : 17:19:08
Can you post the code you're using to restore. If it's a full backup, it'll contain the contents of your .mdf and .ldf files at the time of the backup. I suspect it's something in how you're restoring as opposed to almost anything else. It's is a SQL backup, correct? Of the same version to which you're trying to restore to (S2k to S2K, or S2K to S2K5, not S2K5 to S2K)? Again, post the code and I'll (we???) take a look.

Terry
Go to Top of Page

sodeep
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

7174 Posts

Posted - 2008-11-10 : 17:28:30
See this:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290787
Go to Top of Page

cottage125
Starting Member

32 Posts

Posted - 2008-11-10 : 17:45:42
I am using EM GUI to restore the backup no scripts.Also I am restoring from 32 bit sql 2k(sp-4) to 32 bit sql 2k(sp-3a). I am using overwriting option while restoring because i m restoring on dev server
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -