Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Programming
 Crystal Reports

Author  Topic 

thestclair
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2008-12-26 : 16:50:02
I use Crystal to pull records from Remedy database. Remedy is a Helpdesk ticketing system. I filter for a specific project. All is fine. The project is important and specific managers are assigned to the ticket (record) to ensure it gets taken care of. This we called a SWAT owner. There is no field in the Remedy database for this - but there is an Excel spreadsheet. Some tickets have not yet been assigned a SWAT owner. When I tell Crystal to match the ticket ID in Rememdy to the corresponding ticket ID in the spread sheet the return value of tickets is less. It must be omitting the tickets (records) that do not have a SWAT owner.

Trying to figure out how to include those tickets (records). Could I, prior to matching the spreadsheet in, add a field with null value?

Thanks in advance,
St. Clair

sodeep
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

7174 Posts

Posted - 2008-12-26 : 17:49:09
This is SQL Server Forum. Maybe you need to post in appropriate forum.
Go to Top of Page

mikebird
Aged Yak Warrior

529 Posts

Posted - 2008-12-27 : 10:09:09
Tell me more. I've used Remedy, and I know everything there is to know about Crystal. My career's based on it.

I don't like Excel. But I know Crystal will work with it.

So you need to join the SWAT field with something in the spreadsheet. Could something in the spreadsheet be removing preceeding zeros, as it loves to do?

Could you import the spreadsheet to SQL Server? Does it need a regular update? It's always a crucial balance for me between how much to do in SQL Server (views, functions, SPs) or formulae in Crystal?

Tell me more

Go to Top of Page

mikebird
Aged Yak Warrior

529 Posts

Posted - 2008-12-27 : 10:13:32
The Remedy objects (tables, views, etc) would be one group in Field Explorer, then just add that little part of the spreadsheet which matches up, or a few worksheets...? Sounds like it could be the critical part of the job to get it cohesive...!
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -