Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2005)
 Installing (Adding) SSIS on SQL Server 2005 SP2

Author  Topic 

bphilip
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 2009-01-06 : 09:19:07
Hi Team,

I am relatively new to SQL Server Database Administration. I have an SQL Server Database with the following details,

Product Version : 9.00.3042.00
Product Level : SP2
Product Edition : Standard Edition

At the moment SSIS is not on the server and I've a request to add SSIS. I have gone into Control Pannel --> Microsoft SQL Server 2005 --> Change --> To Install a New Component, click here --> Browse to get the setup.exe file for SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition --> OK --> Accept Licence Agreement --> Next --> Next --> System Configuration Check --> SQL Server Installation Wizard --> Next

then I am getting 14 successes and a Warning. The Warning is on Edition Change Check with the following message,

Edition Change Check (Warning)
* To change an existing instance of SQL Server 2005 to a different edition of SQL Server 2005, you must run SQL Server 2005 setup fro,m the command prompt and include the SKUUPGRADE=1 parameter.

I assume that the issue is due to the installation of SP2. Does anyone know how this can be fixed?

Thanks,

Philip.

dinakar
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

2507 Posts

Posted - 2009-01-06 : 10:08:00
Run the SQL Server Installation setup.exe and choose SSIS from the components.

Dinakar Nethi
Life is short. Enjoy it.
http://weblogs.sqlteam.com/dinakar/
Go to Top of Page

bphilip
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 2009-01-06 : 10:35:46
Hi Dinakar,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I am using the correct Setup.exe but while attempting to install SSIS using the setup.exe I am getting the below mentioned warning regarding the Edition (even though I am using the SQL server 2005 Standard Edition). I suspect it something to do with the SP2?

Is there anyway, I could get rid of the mentioned warning and proceed with the installtion of SSIS?

Thanks,

Philip
Go to Top of Page

bphilip
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 2009-01-07 : 08:03:19
Hi All,

Is there anyone with SSIS installation knowledge? I am querying this as I am stuck!

Thanks,

Philip

quote:
Originally posted by bphilip

Hi Dinakar,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I am using the correct Setup.exe but while attempting to install SSIS using the setup.exe I am getting the below mentioned warning regarding the Edition (even though I am using the SQL server 2005 Standard Edition). I suspect it something to do with the SP2?

Is there anyway, I could get rid of the mentioned warning and proceed with the installtion of SSIS?

Thanks,

Philip

Go to Top of Page

sodeep

7174 Posts

Posted - 2009-01-07 : 10:56:33
See this if it helps.
http://www.sqlteam.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=116762
Go to Top of Page

bphilip
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 2009-01-09 : 07:28:32
Hi Sodeep,

I read the topic you've forwarded before performing the SSIS installation. Decided to go ahead ignoring the warning. I was able to install SSIS and can see the service appeared along with the list of services. But I am not able to start up the service as it says the following error,

I have the SQL Server Integration Services with Startup Type as Automatic but when ever I start it it gives me the error,

Could not start the SQL Server Integration Service on Local Computer
Error 1053: The service did not respond to start or control request in a timely fashion.

On Event Viewer I've found the following error,

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7000
Date: 1/9/2009
Time: 12:20:26 PM
User: N/A
Computer: ABCD01
Description:
The SQL Server Integration Services service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7009
Date: 1/9/2009
Time: 12:20:26 PM
User: N/A
Computer: ABCD01
Description:
Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for the SQL Server Integration Services service to connect

I have googled this but couldn't find a solution to resolve this problem. Any help appreciated?

Thanks,

Philip
Go to Top of Page

sodeep

7174 Posts

Posted - 2009-01-09 : 09:50:22
Did you reboot the server after installation?
Go to Top of Page

bphilip
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 2009-01-09 : 11:24:07
Yes, I did the reboot but no luck!

quote:
Originally posted by sodeep

Did you reboot the server after installation?

Go to Top of Page

bphilip
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 2009-01-12 : 10:51:23
Any help?

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -