Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Programming
 MSG-242 err

Author  Topic 

sowmyav
Starting Member

34 Posts

Posted - 2009-01-16 : 02:05:43
Hi,
I got the error as follows

Msg 242, Level 16, State 3, Line 1
The conversion of a char data type to a datetime data type resulted in an out-of-range datetime value.
for the below sql
SELECT Cast((Substring(ARR.Calendar_Month_N,5,2) + '-01-' + Substring(ARR.Calendar_Month_N,1,4)) as DateTime) > (Select Max(DateAdd(Month,-12,Cast((Substring(ARR.Calendar_Month_N,5,2) + '-01-' + Substring(ARR.Calendar_Month_N,1,4)) as DateTime))))
FROM ADATA_200811 arr
as I want only the last 12 months of data.
This actually comes in the where condition,but as this is not working, I made as seperate select and cheking it now.
Could anyone please help me on this?

SwePeso
Patron Saint of Lost Yaks

30421 Posts

Posted - 2009-01-16 : 02:32:11
What datatype is Calendar_Month_N? Sample data?
DECLARE	@StartFrom DATETIME

SET @StartFrom = DATEADD(MONTH, DATEDIFF(MONTH, 0, GETDATE()) - 12, 0)

SELECT *
FROM ADATA_200811
WHERE Calendar_Month_N >= @StartFrom

E 12°55'05.63"
N 56°04'39.26"
Go to Top of Page

sowmyav
Starting Member

34 Posts

Posted - 2009-01-16 : 03:17:40
Thanks for the reply.
The mentioned above qry is working fine and fetching data.
I have one more doubt which is stated below.
datatype of Calendar_month is char(6) .

select arr.PRODUCT,arr.Calendar_Month_N,arr.fld_inv,
Sum(arr.Fld_Inv) OVER(PARTITION BY arr.Calendar_Month ) as cum_fld,
Sum(arr.Fld_Inv) OVER(PARTITION BY arr.Calendar_Month ) * arr.ARR_3MRA over(partition by arr.calendar_month,arr.product) as new,
arr.ARR_3MRA
from Data_200811 arr
JOIN Smry_200811 NTF
ON (ARR.Product=NTF.Product And ARR.Calendar_Month=NTF.Calendar_Month)
group by ARR.PRODUCT,arr.Calendar_Month_N,arr.Calendar_Month,arr.ARR_3MRA,arr.fld_inv
and here I need to fetch based on the above cast for 12 months data.
which should be like WHERE

Cast((Substring(Calendar_Month,5,2) + '-01-' + Substring(Calendar_Month,1,4)) as DateTime) >
(Select Max(DateAdd(Month,-12,Cast((Substring(Calendar_Month,5,2) + '-01-' + Substring(Calendar_Month,1,4)) as DateTime))).

AS I am not able to fetch the data for the above query and where i have done the mistake?I am getting err in

Sum(arr.Fld_Inv) OVER(PARTITION BY arr.Calendar_Month ) * arr.ARR_3MRA over(partition by arr.calendar_month,arr.product) as new which is
cum_fld * (basedon prod for that calendar month value of arr) should be multipled.

It would be great help for me!
Thanks is advance
Go to Top of Page

sowmyav
Starting Member

34 Posts

Posted - 2009-01-16 : 03:37:15
Thanks.
please ignore the above qry.
The below is working and in that i need to fetch the data using the cast.Can anyone please help me on this

select arr.PRODUCT,arr.Calendar_Month_N,arr.fld_inv,
Sum(arr.Fld_Inv) OVER(PARTITION BY arr.Calendar_Month ) as cum_fld,
((arr.fld_inv)/Sum(arr.Fld_Inv) OVER(PARTITION BY arr.Calendar_Month )) * arr.ARR_3MRA as new,
arr.ARR_3MRA
from Data_200811 arr
JOIN Smry_200811 NTF
ON (ARR.Product=NTF.Product And ARR.Calendar_Month=NTF.Calendar_Month)
group by ARR.PRODUCT,arr.Calendar_Month_N,arr.Calendar_Month,arr.ARR_3MRA,arr.fld_inv

which is workiong fine.And as I need to fetch for 1 year data (the last 12 months of data) the following where clause that uses the 8 character form of the Calendar_Month field (yyyymm):
WHERE
Cast((Substring(Calendar_Month,5,2) + '-01-' + Substring(Calendar_Month,1,4)) as DateTime) >

(Select Max(DateAdd(Month,-12,Cast((Substring(Calendar_Month,5,2) + '-01-' + Substring(Calendar_Month,1,4)) as DateTime)))

AS this is used by group by funct, whether i should use having and followed by condition and this
or is ther any other method??

Thanks in adv

Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -