Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 Transact-SQL (2005)
 DATABASE WENT TO SUSPECT MODE

Author  Topic 

suman.reddy39
Starting Member

34 Posts

Posted - 2009-01-20 : 05:06:32
DEAR ALL,
I GOT AND URGENT PROBLEM WITH 1 OF MY DATABASES AS IT WENT IN TO SUSPECT MODE CAN ANY 1 HELP ME IN THIS REGARDS AS I HAVE RUN THE SCRIPT
sp_resetstatus db_name
BUT STILL THERE WAS NO CHANGE IN IT

thanks in advance

Don't go the way Life takes you, Take the Life the way you go

subbi

raky
Aged Yak Warrior

767 Posts

Posted - 2009-01-20 : 05:17:26

Hi,

In this stage u have two options

1.Restore the latest available backup

2.Access the database in Emergency mode and Bulk copy all the tables to another temp database.
Go to Top of Page

suman.reddy39
Starting Member

34 Posts

Posted - 2009-01-20 : 05:25:13
During redoing of a logged operation in database 'OUICQC', an error occurred at log record ID (2640:317:31). Typically, the specific failure is previously logged as an error in the Windows Event Log service. Restore the database from a full backup, or repair the database.
Error: 3414, Severity: 21, State: 1.
An error occurred during recovery, preventing the database 'OUICQC' (database ID 11) from restarting. Diagnose the recovery errors and fix them, or restore from a known good backup. If errors are not corrected or expected, contact Technical Support.

i got this message when i went to error log file
i dont have a backup for this db

Don't go the way Life takes you, Take the Life the way you go

subbi
Go to Top of Page

GilaMonster
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

4507 Posts

Posted - 2009-01-20 : 09:01:46
The log's corrupt by the looks of things.

Since you have no backup (why not?), you're going to have to do an emergency mode repair. See this blog post for details
http://www.sqlskills.com/blogs/paul/post/CHECKDB-From-Every-Angle-EMERGENCY-mode-repair-the-very-very-last-resort.aspx

Bear in mind that this may result in lost data, transactionally inconsistent data or other problems. You'll have to check the DB carefully afterwards.
Once you get this fixed, put a backup strategy in place!

--
Gail Shaw
SQL Server MVP
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -