Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Programming
 SQL/Excel Parameter Problem??

Author  Topic 

samanthab
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 2009-02-11 : 07:11:07
Hi I need help...It's an SQL/Excel problem... this maybe difficult to explain...I hope someone can help....here goes...

I have an external database query returning two columns into an excel sheet. I am then using the data from these two columns to create two validation lists in Excel...

When I choose an option from the dropdown list it is linked to a second SQL external Query, which will return two more columns in Excel,...which will also update formulas in more columns in the sheet...

The problem is only one validation list in excel updates the new list and inreturn the other formulas,..

when i choose an option from the other validation list, ir returns no rows and the formulas change to #REF!

I think this has todo with the Parameters in the query.... is there away to setup Parameters/Criteria to Select the chosen Values in the validation list?? i.e a Cell in Excel... Or maybe i'm all wrong?

Hope i've made sense...

Anyone Have any ideas??

Cheers

- Advertisement -