Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 SSIS and Import/Export (2005)
 SSIS Package Help

Author  Topic 

ms
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - 2009-04-14 : 08:44:46
Using SSIS packages is it possible to recursively look thru file folders,subfolders for a particular directory. We have several sources from where we receive input files every month. The data is put
in the respective month folder under directory name "Data In". The "data In" is created only for that partcular month.I would like to be create a package which will look for this directory and inform
the administrator when the directory is created. I can schedule this package to be run everyday in the morning and the admistrator will be informed. Can anyone help. Thanks

rgombina
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

319 Posts

Posted - 2009-04-14 : 09:53:12
Foreach File Enumerator - loop files
File System Task - move files, create folder, etc
Send Mail Task - send notification to admin
SQL Agent - schedule job
Go to Top of Page

ms
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - 2009-04-14 : 10:10:07
Sorry I dont think I was clear. I dont need to create folder but i need to see if the folder 'Data In' has been created in any of the subfolders and then send a message to the admin person. Thanks
Go to Top of Page

rgombina
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

319 Posts

Posted - 2009-04-14 : 10:45:22
Oh okay - you can use Script Task > System.IO's Directory.Exists(Data In) to test its existence.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -