Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 SSIS and Import/Export (2005)
 Script Task Message Box

Author  Topic 

notes4we
Yak Posting Veteran

90 Posts

Posted - 2009-04-14 : 10:17:39
I have a variable that is storing values in an Execute SQL Task.
This variable is a string variable named Timings.
I have a query that finds some time differences in HH:MM:SS format and stores in this variable.

I am not sure if this variable is storing all the values that I want.
So, I wanted to have a message box in the script task that can help me to see all the values that are there in the variable.

I am completely new to the VB Script.
The following script is giving me a message box, but I am not getting all the values in it. I just get one value.

MsgBox(" Timings: " & Dts.Variables("Timings").Value.ToString)
Dts.TaskResult = Dts.Results.Success

Is there anything like a Full Message Box or something that can help me to see all the values that are passing through. If this is the only message box that can be there in the VB Script, then I think the variable is not storing all the values. But if there is some other message box code, please do let me know.

Thank you.

rgombina
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

319 Posts

Posted - 2009-04-14 : 12:42:15
Right-click a task and set a breakpoint, and set it to OnPostExecute. Click Locals view at the bottom and expand Variables. You'll see a bunch of stuff on there. Just make the breakpoint reaches the variable/task you need.
Go to Top of Page

notes4we
Yak Posting Veteran

90 Posts

Posted - 2009-04-15 : 08:43:29
quote:
Originally posted by rgombina

Right-click a task and set a breakpoint, and set it to OnPostExecute. Click Locals view at the bottom and expand Variables. You'll see a bunch of stuff on there. Just make the breakpoint reaches the variable/task you need.

Thank you. Yes, I was knowing about it, but was confused with something. I was expecting full result set to be shown, but I have selected single row in my execute sql task and I have it in a ForeachLoop Container. I guess, even though it is in foreloop container, I will just be able to see one result as I have single row selected.

Thank you for your reply though!
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -