Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 Import/Export (DTS) and Replication (2000)
 Issue importing text into field

Author  Topic 

hickoire
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 2009-06-15 : 16:41:05
I am trying to import some data into SQLServer 2000 using the DTS. The problem I have is that some fields are quiet large. The data is in a text file. When I try to import the data the DTS completes successfully but no data is present in the fields in SQL.

I have tried using ntext and nvarchar. Is there anyway to import these fields?

I am trying to import this text below into a field.

Conocophillips (conocophillips) is an international, integrated energy company. the company's business is organized into six segments. exploration and production (e&p) segment explores for, produces and markets crude oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids. midstream segment gathers, processes and markets natural gas produced by conocophillips and others, and fractionates and markets natural gas liquids. midstream segment consists of its 50% equity investment in dcp midstream, llc. refining and marketing (r&m) segment purchases, refines, markets and transports crude oil and petroleum products. lukoil investment segment consists of its equity investment in the ordinary shares of oao lukoil. chemicals segment manufactures and markets petrochemicals and plastics and consists of its 50% equity investment in chevron phillips chemical company llc (cpchem). emerging businesses segment includes the company's investment in new technologies or businesses outside its scope of operations.

Any ideas??

blindman
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

2365 Posts

Posted - 2009-06-16 : 10:51:18
I can't think of any reason that would not import. There is something screwed up in your DTS package, but without more details I can't tell what.

- Advertisement -