Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Administration
 Backup database from local server to remote pc

Author  Topic 

Ronesh
Starting Member

33 Posts

Posted - 2009-07-07 : 06:39:20
i need to create job schedule that backups the database from my local server to remote pc.i can do only backup in local machine.can any one please help to me get backup of database from local server to remote pc.
looking forward for quick and positive response.

khtan
In (Som, Ni, Yak)

17689 Posts

Posted - 2009-07-07 : 06:54:55
backup the database to the local hard disk of the server then transfer to remote pc via any other means like FTP etc.

KH
[spoiler]Time is always against us[/spoiler]

Go to Top of Page

Ronesh
Starting Member

33 Posts

Posted - 2009-07-07 : 07:10:44
Thanks for your response Khtan.
But acutally i want to have my database backup be done by using maintainace plan where i have created a backup job with schedule.
And this schedule get backup of my database in my pc only.so i want that backup to be done in some other pc as well.how to give path of that very remote pc.also let me remind you that sql server 2000 is being installed in my pc only not in remote pc.i want to use remote pc just to have backup only.

Looking forward for positve response.
Go to Top of Page

NeilG
Aged Yak Warrior

530 Posts

Posted - 2009-07-07 : 07:11:58
Do you mean a regular overnight job i.e. backup the database and then move the file after, if so i would look at creating a ssis package to backup the database and then use the file system task to move the file to the new required location
Go to Top of Page

NeilG
Aged Yak Warrior

530 Posts

Posted - 2009-07-07 : 07:14:50
do you not mean like

\\SQL-BackupServer\C$\Backups

inserted in the path in the maintenance plan backup task
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -