Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 Other SQL Server Topics (2005)
 need help with installation

Author  Topic 

karanp
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 2009-07-08 : 21:08:02
hi there i have been trying to install SQL server 2005 (tried both ent and dev editions) on windows XP home edition (SP3) without any success.

first during setup got an error 1311: sorce code not found. after ignoring this the setup continued but was not able to configure MSXML6, visual studio integrated development , SQL server backup-compatibility files and workstation components (BOL)

upon completion the final screen shows error signature (event type: sql90setup P1: unknown P2: 0x643 P3: unknown P4: 0x643 P5: unknown P6: unknown P7: msxml6.msi@6.20.1099.0

when i view the error report i see the following msg:

The current system does not meet the minimum hardware requirements for this SQL Server release. For system requirements, see Hardware and Software Requirements, in the readme file or in SQL Server Books Online.
LOVEBOOK : Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) is either not installed or is disabled. IIS is required by some SQL Server features. Without IIS, some SQL Server features will not be available for installation. To install all SQL Server features, install IIS from Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel or enable the IIS service through the Control Panel if it is already installed, and then run SQL Server Setup again. For a list of features that depend on IIS, see Features Supported by Editions of SQL Server in Books Online.
Machine : LOVEBOOK
Product : Microsoft SQL Server Setup Support Files (English)
Product Version : 9.00.1399.06
Install : Successful
Log File : C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Files\SQLSetup0015_LOVEBOOK_SQLSupport_1.log
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Product : Microsoft SQL Server Native Client
Log File : C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Files\SQLSetup0015_LOVEBOOK_SQLNCLI_1.log
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Product : Visual Studio Integrated Development Environment 2005
Error : Error 1311.Source file not found : C:\DOCUME~1\AMANKA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\$PowerISO$\Tools\Setup\_1769_RTL_x86_enu_VS_Debug_CS_CPDE.cab. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.
Error : Error 1311.Source file not found : C:\DOCUME~1\AMANKA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\$PowerISO$\Tools\Setup\_1769_RTL_x86_enu_VS_Debug_CS_CPDE.cab. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.
Product : Microsoft Office 2003 Web Components
Product Version : 11.0.6558.0
Log File : C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Files\SQLSetup0015_LOVEBOOK_OWC11_1.log
Product : MSXML 6 Service Pack 2 (KB954459)
Product Version : 6.20.1099.0
Install : Failed
Log File : C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Files\SQLSetup0015_LOVEBOOK_MSXML6_1.log
Error Number : 1603
Product : SQLXML4
Log File : C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Files\SQLSetup0015_LOVEBOOK_SQLXML4_1.log

i would gr8ly appreciate someone's help on this matter..thnx in advance

russell
Pyro-ma-ni-yak

5072 Posts

Posted - 2009-07-08 : 23:36:47
Enterprise Edition is not supported on XP Home.

Dev is supported on XP Home SP2. IIS however, is not. Though there are articles on how to install it. Some features won't work without IIS
Go to Top of Page

karanp
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 2009-07-09 : 15:38:10
thanks for the response. even i tried installing the management studio express downloaded from microsoft's website and that too failed with the same error as above.
Go to Top of Page

afrika
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

2706 Posts

Posted - 2009-07-10 : 18:05:34
quote:
Originally posted by karanp

when i view the error report i see the following msg:

The current system does not meet the minimum hardware requirements for this SQL Server release. For system requirements, see Hardware and Software Requirements, in the readme file or in SQL Server Books Online.

Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -