Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2000)
 Sql server does not exist or access denied

Author  Topic 

seedimani
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 2009-07-14 : 03:48:03
AoA to All
I am in real problem that I have database server 2000 in windows server 2003. It is connected to domain.Problem is that Sql Enterprise Manager gives error " Sql server does not exist or access denied since few days.Please help me to resolve this problem
waiting for your replies......
regards

rana

EMarkM
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 2009-07-14 : 10:43:27
Please send along some more information.

Are you the administrator of the system?
Which authentication method are you using to connect: Windows or SQL?
Does the Windows or SQL login that you are attempting to use still exist on the server?
Does the default database for that login still exist on the server?
Is there likely to be a firewall issue?
Have a look, or, if you are not the admin get them to have a look, at the SQL Server error logs (not the Windows ones) to see if anymore information can be seen regarding the error

Get back to us!
Go to Top of Page

seedimani
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 2009-07-15 : 00:10:46
quote:
Originally posted by EMarkM

Please send along some more information.

Are you the administrator of the system?
Which authentication method are you using to connect: Windows or SQL?
Does the Windows or SQL login that you are attempting to use still exist on the server?
Does the default database for that login still exist on the server?
Is there likely to be a firewall issue?
Have a look, or, if you are not the admin get them to have a look, at the SQL Server error logs (not the Windows ones) to see if anymore information can be seen regarding the error

Get back to us!

Thanks! I am the admin of the system and we are using windows authentication method. When I start sql server agent it gives error no 1068 " the dependency service or group failed to start Please tell me more....

rana
Go to Top of Page

EMarkM
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 2009-07-15 : 05:52:34
In Computer Management\Services, what login is SQL Agent set to run under? Is this a valid domain user? Has the password been entered correctly?
Go to Top of Page

tripodal
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

259 Posts

Posted - 2009-07-15 : 14:49:45
SQL Server Agent does not run when using express edition.
Go to Top of Page

seedimani
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 2009-07-15 : 23:20:35
quote:
Originally posted by EMarkM

In Computer Management\Services, what login is SQL Agent set to run under? Is this a valid domain user? Has the password been entered correctly?

Hi EMarkM!
Hi every one
Actually we are using Local Autehentication method means when I login to system I enter the correct username and password of Admin. After this I could easily login and start Sql Server using the Enter prize manager. And Sql Server and Sql server agent were set to auto start with os. There was no need to give any further user name or password.It was all well. But suddenly one day when I tried to re login, the system displayed the message that " One of the service or driver failed during start up...." I clicked ok and when I try to connect Sql Server using Sql Server enterprise manager it gave me the message "[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen(Connect()] Sql Server does not exist or access denied" Waiting for your further instructions....
Regards

rana
Go to Top of Page

EMarkM
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 2009-07-16 : 10:53:58
seedimani

Please check again (or get someone else to) to see what users SQL and SQL Agent are set to run under on the server. Use Computer Management\Services for this.

Can you confirm that SQL and Agent are actually running?

Also, have you got the SQL Client Tools installed on the server itself? If so, can you view the server using Enterprise Manager on the server itself?

I have to confess I'm not quite understanding your problem fully here.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -