Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 Analysis Server and Reporting Services (2005)
 3 sums at group footer.. Urgent Help Please

Author  Topic 

sachya45
Starting Member

25 Posts

Posted - 2009-07-16 : 09:48:32
Hi All,
I have a multivalued parameter in my report, where user can search report on basis of "active" OR"closed" OR "active & closed".
my report is showing all sum's at the group footers. but now my manager want to show SUM of only active, SUM of only closed, and SUM of active closed together, whenever user select "Active & closed" parameter...
I have no idea how i will get 3 sums at table footer or add additional text box's , or where i can show them in my report.
can anyone suggest some ideas..

Thanks.

RickD
Slow But Sure Yak Herding Master

3608 Posts

Posted - 2009-07-16 : 09:56:17
You can use the same box for all three calculations. Use an IF...ELSE statement depending on your parameter selection.
Go to Top of Page

sachya45
Starting Member

25 Posts

Posted - 2009-07-16 : 10:19:56
can you explain little with example,
through my multivalued parameters,i am sending values to store procedure
if active =2
if closed=4
if active and closed= null
hence, when i take sum at table footer for active and closed i get sum of 2 & 4 together...
Go to Top of Page

visakh16
Very Important crosS Applying yaK Herder

52326 Posts

Posted - 2009-07-16 : 14:09:13
do you mean you want show single sum based on selected parameter values or you want three sums always? sum of active,closed & both
Go to Top of Page

sachya45
Starting Member

25 Posts

Posted - 2009-07-16 : 14:29:13
I want to show all three sums only when third parameter gets selected, i.e active & closed.
otherwise i am getting individual sums for parameters.
Go to Top of Page

visakh16
Very Important crosS Applying yaK Herder

52326 Posts

Posted - 2009-07-16 : 14:49:32
then add group based on multivalued parameter and show totals in group footer. apply filter over multivalued parameter to show only group you select
Go to Top of Page

sachya45
Starting Member

25 Posts

Posted - 2009-07-16 : 16:09:06
do you mean add active and closed in group expression and add filter to data set based on multivalued parameters and then take footer sum for that group ..
please can you explain in detail with example , how to use filter with data set.
I really appreciate your quick response.
Thank you again..
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -