Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 Other SQL Server Topics (2005)
 Msg 17750 : Could not load DLL

Author  Topic 

bebre
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2009-08-14 : 01:43:31
I have an extended stored procedure (xp_license.dll) and inside it I call a DLL: licensecheck.dll (LoadLibrary call with full path). This DLL is in the same folder as the xp-procedure. When calling xp_license.dll I get the error:

Msg 17750, Level 16, State 0, Procedure xp_license, Line 1
Could not load the DLL C:\Program Files\xxServer\bin\xp_license.dll, or one of the DLLs it references. Reason: 126(The specified module could not be found.).

I have found out that the reason for this is that licensecheck.dll for some reason is not found. If I save licensecheck.dll in the sql-server folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Binn everything works fine. I would however rather have all our dll:s in the same own program folder. Is there any way to tell sql-server to ignore the check of referenced dll:s inside the extended procedure or in some other way avoid this error message.
Bengt Bredenberg
Pelco Finland

russell
Pyro-ma-ni-yak

5072 Posts

Posted - 2009-08-14 : 10:40:15
is the DLL registered?
Go to Top of Page

bebre
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2009-08-17 : 01:53:35
The extended stored procedure itself is registered. The problem causing DLL called by the extended stored procedure is not registered. It is a normal dll-library used also by other processes and windows services and is in my opinion not possible to register in SQLServer or is it? The problem is how to tell SQL Server to find the called dll from another folder than C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Binn - in our case from the same folder as where the extended procedure itself lies.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -