Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2005)
 Timeout expired error

Author  Topic 

akkad
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2009-09-27 : 00:31:31
i rebooted my sql server 2005 machine and after that it keeps showing me a "Timeout Expired" error when ever i try to connect to it over the network, connecting from the machine itself has no problem, the problem only over the network, am using the management studio to connect to one of the server databases where this error keep showing, i checked my firewalls where all the sql server ports are in the white list, also the sql server ports are not used by any other application, and one more thing that i downloaded a network tool which showed that my LAN machine is connected to the sql server machine successfully but with no luck in real connection to the database server with the killing error "Timeout Expired".

please advice.

ahmad.osama
Posting Yak Master

183 Posts

Posted - 2009-10-01 : 06:31:06
quote:
Originally posted by akkad

i rebooted my sql server 2005 machine and after that it keeps showing me a "Timeout Expired" error when ever i try to connect to it over the network, connecting from the machine itself has no problem, the problem only over the network, am using the management studio to connect to one of the server databases where this error keep showing, i checked my firewalls where all the sql server ports are in the white list, also the sql server ports are not used by any other application, and one more thing that i downloaded a network tool which showed that my LAN machine is connected to the sql server machine successfully but with no luck in real connection to the database server with the killing error "Timeout Expired".

please advice.

u need to check the allow remote connection settings in surface area configuraition manager
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -