Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 Analysis Server and Reporting Services (2005)
 Report Designer Toggle Item Error

Author  Topic 

srucker
Starting Member

26 Posts

Posted - 2009-10-07 : 17:17:48
I have a few tables which reference unique datasets so I should be able to leverage groupings in tables w/ no issues; however I seem to be encountering the following when I compile.

[rsInvalidToggleItem] The table ‘table7’ has ‘ProgramName’ as a toggle item.
Toggle items must be text boxes that share the same scope as the hidden item or are in a scope that contains the hidden item, and cannot be contained within the current report item unless current grouping scope has a Parent.

Any ideas?

tkizer
Almighty SQL Goddess

38200 Posts

Posted - 2009-10-07 : 17:34:13
Moving this to the RS forum.

Tara Kizer
Microsoft MVP for Windows Server System - SQL Server
http://weblogs.sqlteam.com/tarad/

Subscribe to my blog

"Let's begin with the premise that everything you've done up until this point is wrong."
Go to Top of Page

TDBrighton
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2010-12-13 : 23:13:04
Over a year later; but, if anyone else is looking for the answer... This error happens when you rename the textbox that is the toggle item from e.g. 'ProgramName' to e.g. textbox18. I got the error when I moved (cut and then re-inserted) the item to a new place in my table. Suddenly, I got the error. It took a while, but I finally figured out that I could change the name of the textbox from 'textbox18' back to e.g. 'ProgramName' textbox and the report would work again.
Go to Top of Page

tkizer
Almighty SQL Goddess

38200 Posts

Posted - 2010-12-13 : 23:51:52
A year later or not, thanks for posting a solution!

Tara Kizer
Microsoft MVP for Windows Server System - SQL Server
http://weblogs.sqlteam.com/tarad/

Subscribe to my blog
Go to Top of Page

lastt
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2012-03-23 : 06:23:04
Have the same problem when i try add to "Visibility can be toggled by" item from details of group. I only can add item group header.

Go to Top of Page

Jeff Stubing
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2012-07-25 : 13:02:11
This worked for me. I was getting an error about my table1 having an invalid toggle item. The GUIs were of no help, and I was really pulling my hair out! Finally I went into the code and pulled out the highlighted section below:

<ReportItems>
<Table Name="table1">
<DataSetName>Report</DataSetName>
<TableGroups>
<TableGroup>
<Grouping Name="table1_Group1">
<GroupExpressions>
<GroupExpression>=Fields!Department.Value</GroupExpression>
</GroupExpressions>
</Grouping>
<Header>
<TableRows>
<TableRow>
<Visibility>
<Hidden>true</Hidden>
<ToggleItem>Site</ToggleItem>
</Visibility>

<TableCells>
<TableCell>

It ran fine after that.

Jeff Stubing
Go to Top of Page

rarascon
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 2014-01-28 : 13:34:54
I needed to edit this reply. I'm really glad this post is here whether it's old or not; however, when removing the code, which did seem to work but also caused some weird memory error. So, I'm reverting from that statement to try that option. However, I did notice that although you can remove the Toggle item in the Group properties, the Toggle item property for the text box was still set to the field causing the error. After I removed the field in that property, I was able to deploy. You might want to try that first. However, I'm still getting a memory error now.

Cheers,
Rob
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -