Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Old Forums
 CLOSED - General SQL Server
 SQL database Replication using Stored Procedure or a Trigger

Author  Topic 

AskSQLTeam
Ask SQLTeam Question

0 Posts

Posted - 2002-03-13 : 08:51:25
Acewiz writes "Dear Sir,

This is a very important question for my career. So i would request you to kindly give a hearing to my case and please respond.

Our Company gets a Master Database as a .DAT file from a client who maintains the Master Database in AS/400.

We convert the database into SQL on our end.

Further, the client also sends us a weekly update of some files from one of the table in the master database.

We import the weekly update into SQL.

We have to modify the weekly data with the update function (is there a stored procedure or a trigger to automate? example please...) on some fields in the table and then merge this data with the master database.

Then export the entire file back to the client.

Can you please help me in automating this process. Is it possible using a Stored procedure or a Trigger.

Can you please explain with an example.

Thanks a ton in advance."

yakoo
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

312 Posts

Posted - 2002-03-13 : 14:39:04
Take a look at DTS (Data Transformation Services) in SQL. This will allow you to do what you need from reading data from multiple sources to modifying it in a staging table to moving data to the master table and then outputing the results so that they can be sent to your client.

Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -