Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Administration
 Reg: Disaster recovery plan document

Author  Topic 

Ravikumarc
Yak Posting Veteran

51 Posts

Posted - 2010-01-14 : 15:14:13
Dear All,

Can you please provide me the disaster recovery plan document..

Thanks in Advance

Regards
Ravi

GilaMonster
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

4507 Posts

Posted - 2010-01-14 : 16:45:40
Disaster recovery plans are specific to the company they are for. Plus they're usually confidential documents.

You need to work up one for your situation, based on the applications you have, downtime allowances, data loss allowances and the DR setup that you have. We can advise, we cannot just give you a pre-build plan that will work for your environment.

--
Gail Shaw
SQL Server MVP
Go to Top of Page

Kristen
Test

22859 Posts

Posted - 2010-01-15 : 02:47:11
AS Gail said, but feel free to ask questions here, or to show us what you are working on and folk here will give you comments and advice.
Go to Top of Page

Ravikumarc
Yak Posting Veteran

51 Posts

Posted - 2010-01-18 : 18:18:15

Yep sure..Im working on it,as you have said im preparing the document.if i have any query ill let you know..

Thanks for yr valuable guidence

Regards
Ravi
Go to Top of Page

sunitabeck
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

5155 Posts

Posted - 2010-01-18 : 20:20:54
As GilaMonster and Kristen indicated, DR plans are specific to each company - you need to plan for each critical system in your company. As for SQL Servers, Microsoft has recommendations on the options you have described here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822400

Also, when you plan for DR, don't just plan for September 11 type of DR. Your DR may be caused by a faulty sprinkler system, but from the company's perspective, it can be just as bad as 9/11 in terms of business impact.

Some companies (including the one I work for) go to great lengths in DR planning, to the extend that we routinely run one or more of our critical systems out of DR site. That will ensure that when a DR does happen, you know your fall-back systems are working as expected.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -