Please start any new threads on our new site at http://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

Our new SQL Server Forums are live! Come on over! We've restricted the ability to create new threads on these forums.

SQL Server Forums
Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | Forum FAQ

Register Now and get your question answered!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 Import/Export (DTS) and Replication (2000)
 Exporting To Excel: SP contains #Temp table
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

5fifty5
Starting Member

35 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2010 :  05:53:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I have created a Stored Procedure which contains a temp table. I am using this SP in a DTS and using EXECUTE. A Transformation Task is exporting data to a CSV/TXT file.

Now, my problem is that when I was setting it up, it worked fine and showed columns in Transformation. However, for some reason, I can't see the columns now and can't complete the Transformation hence unable to add any more Transformation Tasks.

All I am trying to achieve is EXEC the SP using the DTS and export it to a CSV file.

Can someone help asap Please? I haven't changed anything at all, its just not letting me add another Transformation task properly because I can't see the columns to map anymore. However, the ones that I had added previously work fine.

Cheers.

5fifty5
Starting Member

35 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2010 :  04:52:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can anybody help??

One thing I forgot to mention was that the SELECT statement in the SP is within a IF .. ELSE IF block which I can't get rid of...
Go to Top of Page

russell
Pyro-ma-ni-yak

USA
5072 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2010 :  07:38:35  Show Profile  Visit russell's Homepage  Reply with Quote
create the temp table. map the columns. drop the temp table.

take the create #temp part, put it in its own Execute T-SQL task. run that task. now you can do your mappings.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
SQL Server Forums © 2000-2009 SQLTeam Publishing, LLC Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000