Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2005)
 User Accessibility

Author  Topic 

pdset
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

310 Posts

Posted - 2010-02-03 : 15:33:54
We have Maintenance jobs being created by individual user and under this user in the SQL Server Agent we have ran till otherday. What happened when we tried to execute the job then came out with error saying USER does not posses Server Access.

Under the security - logins- no individual user exists prior and now but till otherday it executed but when I changed to 'sa' then it ran.

Can anyone let me know as why this happened. Thanks all.

russell
Pyro-ma-ni-yak

5072 Posts

Posted - 2010-02-03 : 16:12:00
seems someone deleted the login for the user that created the jobs. is this a former employee?
Go to Top of Page

pdset
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

310 Posts

Posted - 2010-02-03 : 17:41:23
Thanks for the reply.

The User is existing, what I could not understand is that when I execute other jobs in the SQL Server Agent I could succeed but this particular user when executed system retorts as User has got no server access, but the same user (still Exists) in the previous occasion got executed. Then I happen to change the user to ‘sa’ then all ok.
The question is when the same user got executed in the last occasion but not now until I changed to ‘sa’. What are the possibilities this user is not been given the server accessibility?

Can you please explain this to me.
Go to Top of Page

russell
Pyro-ma-ni-yak

5072 Posts

Posted - 2010-02-03 : 18:37:07
make sure user account is not locked out, or denied access
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -