Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Programming
 HELP - Could not find stored procedure

Author  Topic 

Fat Boy
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2010-02-04 : 17:18:48
New to this forum and this is my first post. I am new and way out of my class and hoping someone can help with my current problem. I am using a contact management program called "Wired Contact" and resently moved the database files to a new faster server and upgraded from SQL 2000 to SQL 2005. I am getting the below error. The only difference that can be seen is that when the user database was setup the name was change from "WCUser" to "WCuser" would this be case sensitive? or any other help. THANK YOU!

Could not find stored procedure 'spSelectWCECompanyStatus'.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Could not find stored procedure 'spSelectWCECompanyStatus'.

Source Error:

Line 107: cmd4.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure;
Line 108: cmd4.Parameters.Add("@actid", actid);
Line 109: SqlDataReader reader4 = cmd4.ExecuteReader();
Line 110: reader4.Read();
Line 111: CompanyName = reader4.GetString(0);

vmenon
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - 2010-02-05 : 00:43:31
Please can you check the server collation on both the server instances. to check SQL server instance collation using SSMS, right click the instance name, select properties, in the properties window - general section look for "server collation" value.

Compare the collations at the instance level or at the database level and determine whether the upgraded system is using a case sensitive collation.
Go to Top of Page

visakh16
Very Important crosS Applying yaK Herder

52326 Posts

Posted - 2010-02-05 : 08:47:06
Also make sure the SP exists in your default schema or schema that you do have access to. If not check the current schema where sp exists and make it your default schema or give access for you to that
Go to Top of Page

Fat Boy
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2010-02-05 : 10:58:36
Thank you VERY much for these helps and I will do and report back. So is the general consensus is that it is not because I moved from 2000 to 2005 that creates this problem and have to go back to 2000?
Go to Top of Page

visakh16
Very Important crosS Applying yaK Herder

52326 Posts

Posted - 2010-02-05 : 11:03:32
I dont think it has anything to do with migration. Only question is whether you tried executing the above code after transfer to new server before you did upgrade?
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -