Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 Transact-SQL (2005)
 how to alter column in 6.5?

Author  Topic 

rammohan
Posting Yak Master

212 Posts

Posted - 2010-02-05 : 03:33:54
hi,

i want to alter a column in sqlserver 6.5, i want to increase the length of column.

follwing code throwing error :

ALTER TABLE Trace ALTER COLUMN [Message] varchar(8000)
::in correct syntaxt near column.

please show me a way

One can never consent to creep,when one feels an impulse to soar
RAMMOHAN

Kristen
Test

22859 Posts

Posted - 2010-02-05 : 03:52:11
Duplicate of http://www.sqlteam.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=139403
Go to Top of Page

rammohan
Posting Yak Master

212 Posts

Posted - 2010-02-05 : 03:59:40
hi kristen,

i posted thread in 6.5 forum before, i din't get reply n i came to see that no message was posted since last week in that forum, so i had posted here,to get reply.

if it is wrong,i am sorry

One can never consent to creep,when one feels an impulse to soar
RAMMOHAN

Go to Top of Page

Kristen
Test

22859 Posts

Posted - 2010-02-05 : 04:16:43
The post you made in the SQL Server 6.5 \ SQL Server 7.0 forum was posted only 25 minutes before this one. If it is that urgent hire a consultant and pay them!

If you post in multiple forums people start replying in all of them, and the kind people who provide help here will not know that the question has already been answered in the other forum by someone else, so the folk who are giving up their time for free then find they have wasted time that they could have used to help someone else.

At the very least you could have gone to the trouble of saying you had cross-posted in the other forum.

And why do you think that the people reading this SQL 2005 forum will know about SQL 6.5? Of course they won't!! SQL 6.5 hasn't been in common use for 10 or 15 years. Google will now index this post, in the wrong SQL 2005 forum, and that makes a mess of the site that a moderator will have to consider sorting out.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -