Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Programming
 Reporting

Author  Topic 

jacobs12
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2010-02-10 : 11:30:48
i'm new in sqlteam.
i've been using MS SQL Server 2005-08 ...

i need to have some resources similar, or even better, to MS Reporting Services.

there are some php or asp tools ?
possibly open source ?

thanks a lot

Jake

mymatrix
Starting Member

24 Posts

Posted - 2010-02-11 : 00:31:00
Apart from SSRS (Sql Server Reporting services) you can look for Crystal Reports. Its not an open source tool but quite useful for even complex reports.

Even my blood group says be -ve to all the negatives.
Go to Top of Page

brendans
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 2010-02-15 : 13:57:59
Here are my .02 since this seems to be a continuing problem with developing .net apps. Crystal / Logi are nice, but extremely expensive to integrate in "boxed" or SaaS products. MS SRS is obviously powerful, but pretty difficult to fully customize to seamlessly integrate the look and feel of an existing app. Active reports uses a crystal/MS style report designer and doesn't break the bank, but we had to implement a designer that a non-IT end-user could use with no problems or knowledge of the database schema at all. It had to pull from stored procedures, views and some cubes via mdx. In the end, management looked at the cost/time to develop in-house, and decided to go with this built for OEM product-- it worked pretty well for us. Maybe it will help you guys out.

[url]http://www.izenda.com[/url]
Go to Top of Page

AAAV
Posting Yak Master

152 Posts

Posted - 2010-04-14 : 10:37:40
Can you explain more on this? does SSRS require anything else to be bought? we are thinking which way to go Crystal reports or SSRS?

I need your inputs on Cost of software
features(which is more powerful)

The reports will be worked on by the IT team which has complete knowledge of the schema.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -