Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Development Tools
 Reporting Services Development
 Subscription errors: time out occurred

Author  Topic 

cidr
Posting Yak Master

207 Posts

Posted - 2010-02-11 : 05:19:21
Hi folks,

Recently there has been several of our data driven subscription errors and due to this, a lot of our subscriptions are either failing completely or partially, i.e. they are only sending some reports to some of our email recipients and then failing with the errors listed below. I've looked at the error logs and the main information I'm receiving is:

Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: Cannot read the next data row for the data set Supplier

Or

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: A time out occurred while waiting for memory resources to execute the query. Rerun the query.

As time goes on, more subscriptions are failing and each of them use different stored procs for the report datasource and each use different queries for the data driven subscription; to pull the emails.

Where the error mention that they cannot read the next dataset, suggest that it's the datasource sproc that it cannot read and NOT the query that contains the emails for the data driven subscription.

Below is a part of the log that is pertinent to this error (I've highlighted the more important parts in blue):

ReportingServicesService!processing!20!10/02/2010-18:45:48:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: Cannot read the next data row for the data set sp_Ladbrokes_AllSupplierOutstandingCalls., ;
Info: Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: Cannot read the next data row for the data set sp_Ladbrokes_AllSupplierOutstandingCalls. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: A time out occurred while waiting for memory resources to execute the query. Rerun the query.

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.HasMoreRows()
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ReadInternal(Boolean setTimeout)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.Read()
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.DataExtensions.DataReaderWrapper.Read()
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.DataExtensions.MappingDataReader.GetNextRow()

depending on the data driven subscription, the same error appears but lists a different datasource sproc.

Does anyone know why this might be happening, they were working fine before and now more subscriptions are having problems.

Thanks in advance for any help
P

- Advertisement -