Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Administration
 Combining two databases

Author  Topic 

kstanishev
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 2010-02-14 : 13:13:26
Hello!

I'm totally new into this, and I need some BIG help...
Here's the thing...
Have a website and configured the WordPress blog into it (piece of cake), no I want to put phpBB3 forum as well, but I wish them to use the same users/passwords.

Thought that I can simply create them using the same database and users, but they simply don't synchronize.

Can anyone give me a clue how can I make it? I suppose it's possible... Also I'm not that into phpBB forums, just any free forum that is easy to navigate and maintain...

Thanks!

kstanishev
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 2010-02-14 : 13:32:01
I try to use the same prefix as WordPres (_wp) but it needs a new one... can I rename them after that or smth?
Go to Top of Page

Kristen
Test

22859 Posts

Posted - 2010-02-14 : 13:35:29
Are these using MS SQL? (I think it more likely that they are using MySQL)
Go to Top of Page

kstanishev
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 2010-02-14 : 13:38:38
It's MySQL... I thought of probably installing phpBB2 and after that, to try to upgrade it to phpBB3, but I'm not sure whether during upgrade you can change your prefix... (In this case I'd be able to adopt the ones with _wp)
Go to Top of Page

Kristen
Test

22859 Posts

Posted - 2010-02-14 : 16:03:19
This is a MS SQL forum, so you may not find people here who are able to help you.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -