Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2005)
 Unable to login to SQL server

Author  Topic 

BharatBhushan
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2010-04-22 : 11:34:09
Dear All,

Please help me in resolving this problem or at least in identifying root cause of problem:

No user (sql or widows, remotely or locally) was able to login and jobs were failing due to login failure.
Following errors were found in the logs:
SSPI handshake failed with error code 0x80090308 while establishing a connection with integrated security; the connection has been closed. [CLIENT:? <local machine>]
Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. [CLIENT:? <local machine>]
After that all the jobs started failing due to error ‘unable to determine if the owner(username) of job has server access (reason: The certificate, asymmetric key, or private key data is invalid. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 15297)).?
Server TCP provider has stopped listening on port [ 1433 ] due to a failure. Error: 0x2739, state: 1. The server will automatically attempt to reestablish listening.?
SQL services are running on domain user which is in admin group. My instance is running NTLM and SQL authentication. The user was not blocked and the password also didn’t changed. I could not find any reason why it happened to me.
Finally I recycled SQL services to resolve the issue and till now it has not occurred again. I am wondering if anyone else has faced same issue anytime and can help me to find out and trobleshoot real issue.

Additional info:

My instance is SQL 2005 (ver 9.00.3042.00),SP2 and Standard Edition. Its running on Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition; Version 5.2.3790 Service Pack 2 Build 3790.
I don’t think there was any problem with domain controller at that time because my other instances are also running on the same user and i didn't face any issue there. When I logged in on the server it connected well.. I pinged from other servers it pinged fine.

Bharat

hailiebee
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2010-12-09 : 18:19:38
BharatBhushan, did you solve this problem?
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -