Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2008)
 Upgrading to Management Tools Complete

Author  Topic 

Dank3
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2010-05-20 : 10:48:59
I have SQL Server 2008 Management Studio installed on my laptop and will be administering serveral remote SQL Server 2008 instances. I only have the basic management tools installed. I read that I can upgrade to the complete management tools by running the installer and selecting the Complete Management tools.

My system admin provided the original SQL Server 2008 Enterprise media but when I run the installer and get to the point to select the features the Management Tools Basic box is checked but the installer won't allow me to check the Complete Management Tools box.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dan

Dank3
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2010-05-21 : 08:58:31
This is resolved. Turns out that the person that installed Management Studio originally installed it at a version with only the Basic tools. When I went to change to the Complete tools I couldn't mark the checkbox. So, the solution was to 1) upgrade using the Wizard to Enterprise and then 2) add the Complete tools option.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -