SQL Server Forums
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | Forum FAQ

Register Now and get your question answered!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2000)
 DBCC CHECDB, CHECKTABLE, NEWALLOC
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

izaltsman
A custom title

USA
1139 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2002 :  10:39:35  Show Profile  Send izaltsman an AOL message  Send izaltsman an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

... and step away from this forum indefiniteLy.

Jay,

Don't take it so hard! So what if every now and again you get a brash response from somebody?! It happens. Ignore it. Have a . But stick around -- your input is definitely appreciated by others.

---------------
Strong SQL Developer wanted in the Boston area. Please e-mail if interested.
Go to Top of Page

Page47
Flowing Fount of Yak Knowledge

USA
2878 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2002 :  11:39:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok,Ok,Ok enuff already . . . Jay99 is done, but I am back.

Let me explain. There where really two reasons why Jay99 took his last stand and left. The first was pretty well explained in his post. The second is because the original poster was correct. Jay99 was no longer adding value to threads and contributing to the SQL community. Instead, he had becoming concerned with post counts and pointing and laughing at people’s shortcomings. I no longer want to be that guy.

What can I say: I am addicted to this place. Staying away just wasn't working out . . .So I am going to start over, if you all will allow it. I am going to the thoughtful and interesting in my comments, rather than just adding ‘bits and bytes’. I am only going to post when I have real value to add, rather than just trying to put my name on every thread. Most importantly, when I approach a new poster or a new question, I am going to try to follow the ‘intelligent until proven dim-witted’ rule rather than the other way around.

<O>
Go to Top of Page

Nazim
A custom title

United Arab Emirates
1408 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2002 :  11:49:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Common Jay , this site is all about learning with Fun . there was nothing wrong in what you were doing early , the very reason this site is popular is we make a friendly and humourous site(ok ok, we werent much friendly with you before atleast on this thread )

I feel you should be back with Jay99 . hez a fun guy to be with . we were not asking a grumpy old Page47 here

--------------------------------------------------------------
Go to Top of Page

jdouvlos
Starting Member

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2002 :  16:03:47  Show Profile  Visit jdouvlos's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What did I start here? WOW! I can't stress enough that I apologize and I think we should do as others have said and move on to SQL with a twist of FUN in it. What do you say?

Go to Top of Page

Page47
Flowing Fount of Yak Knowledge

USA
2878 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2002 :  16:15:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dude, I'm all for it . . .

Sorry Nazim . . . Jay99 is . . . but no worries Page47 will be every bit as and and , just a bit less quick to judge. So lets all , and get back to posting stuff like...

• Look up 'Replace' in Books on Line...

• Cursors suck. Set Based is the True Path...

• Have you looked into the undocumented function xp_MSexorcist?...

• Can you please post some ddl so we might begin to understand what you are talking about?...

• Rob, did you find the yet?...

(jdouvlos, sorry for hijacking your thread here and turning on the drama queen show . . . I just needed my semi-annual kick in the head . . .)

<O>
Go to Top of Page

setbasedisthetruepath
Used SQL Salesman

USA
992 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2002 :  16:33:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So where on god's green earth is the anyway?

setBasedIsTheTruepath
<O>
Go to Top of Page

AjarnMark
SQL Slashing Gunting Master

USA
3246 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2002 :  17:42:49  Show Profile  Visit AjarnMark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
  • Cursors suck. Set Based is the True Path...

What a setup for his partner...

Well, Page/Jay, at least I know what <O> means now...

------------------------
GENERAL-ly speaking...
Go to Top of Page

Merkin
Funky Drop Bear Fearing SQL Dude!

Australia
4970 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2002 :  19:07:31  Show Profile  Visit Merkin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
But Page47 is a stupid name

Glad you are back though Jay!

Damian
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
SQL Server Forums © 2000-2009 SQLTeam Publishing, LLC Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000