Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2005)
 Performance Management

Author  Topic 

dbalearner
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

272 Posts

Posted - 2010-08-27 : 01:45:34
We have an environment which basically deals within the Maintenance Plans, Stroed Procedures and Heaps of databases with in the Cluster environment.

Our Management proposed to go for the PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT related Tools based on the above criteria.

We have users logged in throughout the business hours and server accessibility, memory related issues crops up from time to time.

Can anyone suggest me what and where I can search or can anyone propose within the feasible range of such Performance related tools can be purchased, which is user-friendly.

Thanks all

tkizer
Almighty SQL Goddess

38200 Posts

Posted - 2010-08-27 : 02:07:44
Use Performance Monitor and SQL Profiler, that's really all you need.

Tara Kizer
Microsoft MVP for Windows Server System - SQL Server
http://weblogs.sqlteam.com/tarad/

Subscribe to my blog
Go to Top of Page

dbalearner

272 Posts

Posted - 2010-08-29 : 18:06:53
Thanks Tkizer. I know they are readily available in-built Performance wizards. But our organization did came out after they realized the need to have one from the third-party vendors.

In this connection can I know, which is the best I can advise them, based on the information which above I have mentioned.

I know I can google and get some information but experts in the forum have already ventured and have gained real-time experience with these so-called tools might really help me.

Thanks in advance.
Go to Top of Page

dbalearner

272 Posts

Posted - 2010-09-01 : 00:54:20
Can anyone please respond to where I need to look for the 3rd party supporting for Performance Management tools as depicted above with the criteria.

Many Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -