Please start any new threads on our new site at http://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

Our new SQL Server Forums are live! Come on over! We've restricted the ability to create new threads on these forums.

SQL Server Forums
Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | Forum FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Site Related Forums
 Article Discussion
 Article: Is a Temporary Table Really Necessary?
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AskSQLTeam
Ask SQLTeam Question

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2002 :  10:02:47  Show Profile  Visit AskSQLTeam's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Randy submitted "You will find articles on this site as well as others advising you to avoid the use of temporary tables to maximize the performance of your queries. I agree with the articles, but would like to add that sometimes you cannot avoid the use of a temporary table. For those of you who have not read my Bio, I work with some very large SQL Server databases (the biggest being over 2.2 terabytes) and have found that I can avoid the use of temporary tables in most cases but sometimes they come in handy. This article will discuss the use and the alternatives to temporary tables from a query performance standpoint."

Article Link.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
SQL Server Forums © 2000-2009 SQLTeam Publishing, LLC Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000