Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 SQL Server Development (2000)
 Reg : Encrypton and decryption

Author  Topic 

rammohan
Posting Yak Master

212 Posts

Posted - 2010-09-09 : 11:47:32
Hi,

As per requirement, i need to encrypt the data which is going to stored in a column say A, and need to decrypted while retrieving it.

I have done same thing using symmetric keys in sqlserver2005, Is there any way to achieve the same in sqlserver2000

Thanks,
Rammohan

One can never consent to creep,when one feels an impulse to soar
RAMMOHAN

robvolk
Most Valuable Yak

15732 Posts

Posted - 2010-09-09 : 11:54:42
You'll either have to encrypt and decrypt it in your application layer, or write a procedure or user-defined T-SQL function to do it. SQL Server 2000 doesn't have any strong encryption functions built-in, no decryption functions, and they're not documented or supported for production use.
Go to Top of Page

rammohan
Posting Yak Master

212 Posts

Posted - 2010-09-09 : 11:59:03
Hi,,

Thank you for giving reply. Please help me to write a sp for it. i am not getting idea to how to start it.

Please give me any suggestions

One can never consent to creep,when one feels an impulse to soar
RAMMOHAN

Go to Top of Page

robvolk
Most Valuable Yak

15732 Posts

Posted - 2010-09-09 : 12:00:53
I don't know anything about encryption techniques or what encryption you want to use, I wouldn't be able to help you write such a procedure.

Google is your friend, you'll probably find a procedure out there, or a 3rd party utility you can use/purchase.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -