SQL Server Forums
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | Forum FAQ

Register Now and get your question answered!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 SQL Server Development (2000)
 Reg : Encrypton and decryption
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rammohan
Posting Yak Master

India
212 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2010 :  11:47:32  Show Profile  Visit rammohan's Homepage  Send rammohan an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hi,

As per requirement, i need to encrypt the data which is going to stored in a column say A, and need to decrypted while retrieving it.

I have done same thing using symmetric keys in sqlserver2005, Is there any way to achieve the same in sqlserver2000

Thanks,
Rammohan

One can never consent to creep,when one feels an impulse to soar
RAMMOHAN

robvolk
Most Valuable Yak

USA
15679 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2010 :  11:54:42  Show Profile  Visit robvolk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You'll either have to encrypt and decrypt it in your application layer, or write a procedure or user-defined T-SQL function to do it. SQL Server 2000 doesn't have any strong encryption functions built-in, no decryption functions, and they're not documented or supported for production use.
Go to Top of Page

rammohan
Posting Yak Master

India
212 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2010 :  11:59:03  Show Profile  Visit rammohan's Homepage  Send rammohan an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hi,,

Thank you for giving reply. Please help me to write a sp for it. i am not getting idea to how to start it.

Please give me any suggestions

One can never consent to creep,when one feels an impulse to soar
RAMMOHAN

Go to Top of Page

robvolk
Most Valuable Yak

USA
15679 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2010 :  12:00:53  Show Profile  Visit robvolk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't know anything about encryption techniques or what encryption you want to use, I wouldn't be able to help you write such a procedure.

Google is your friend, you'll probably find a procedure out there, or a 3rd party utility you can use/purchase.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
SQL Server Forums © 2000-2009 SQLTeam Publishing, LLC Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000