Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 Transact-SQL (2005)
 import returns Msg 213, Level 16, State 1 BUT

Author  Topic 

jar21

51 Posts

Posted - 2010-09-22 : 15:41:20
multiple other lines with equivalent info are working?

after some reading it appears that I was trying to put more information into tables I didnt create? however each line out of the entire query has the same info (I created in excel/notepad)

Msg 213, Level 16, State 1, Line 19
Insert Error: Column name or number of supplied values does not match table definition.
Msg 213, Level 16, State 1, Line 29
Insert Error: Column name or number of supplied values does not match table definition.
Msg 213, Level 16, State 1, Line 30
Msg 213, Level 16, State 1, Line 68
Msg 213, Level 16, State 1, Line 139
Msg 213, Level 16, State 1, Line 166
Msg 213, Level 16, State 1, Line 175
Msg 213, Level 16, State 1, Line 285
Msg 213, Level 16, State 1, Line 314

temporarily I tried deleting those couple of lines and then the errors would come up near where the old one was. any immediate thoughts? im fairly sure the code is accurate

I did a quick search and found [url]http://www.sqlteam.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=112998[/url] however unlike that person I dont understand, and I think our issues were different despite similar errors

tkizer
Almighty SQL Goddess

38200 Posts

Posted - 2010-09-22 : 16:20:36
Please post the code that is getting these errors.

Tara Kizer
Microsoft MVP for Windows Server System - SQL Server
http://weblogs.sqlteam.com/tarad/

Subscribe to my blog
Go to Top of Page

madhivanan
Premature Yak Congratulator

22864 Posts

Posted - 2010-09-23 : 05:52:54
It means that the number of values you are passing is not equal to the number of columns available. As said, post the actual code you used

Madhivanan

Failing to plan is Planning to fail
Go to Top of Page

jar21

51 Posts

Posted - 2010-09-23 : 11:07:42
The issue was related to my other recent post.

I tried to take out single quotes because they were affecting the import query however the query interpreted the double quote as a blank field so it came up incorrect. I removed the quotes from addresses and it worked.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -