Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Programming
 new to sql and need help

Author  Topic 

mona-lisa
Starting Member

1 Post

Posted - 2010-11-07 : 17:28:29
Hi all;
I have to do a project as part of my education;The goal is to develope SQL server DB on the server in small LAN which can communicate with an application like (visual basic)in client computer.
So; these are all the steps which I think I have to do inorder:
1- Install Windows 2008 server (Enterprise/Standard.( I have 30days trial version of cd rom, which can be enough for school project)
2- Find latest version of SQL server software whicn can be compatible with Windows 2008 server and find out how to install.(Hope I can find trial version)
3- Find the latest version of Visual Basic, (Hope I can find trail version)
4- Find out how my Visual Basic application on cleint computer can communicate with Server(windows 2008 server + MS SQL Server).5- How to put older infromation in SQL Server DB and how cleint can add; edit; delete new report to sql server db.

I would like to implement this application first in Virtual machine (microsoft virtual pc), and then apply to real production environment.
Please let me know if

bhawana
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 2010-11-08 : 01:55:23
You need to connect to Sql server using Vb Application and create a user interface using Visual basic to add , edit or delete data from sql server
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -