Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 SSIS and Import/Export (2008)
 Text Qualifer ignored

Author  Topic 

slaws
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 2010-12-15 : 13:24:12
Hi this is is a weird issue that I'm hoping has an easy answer.

So I'm importing a tab delmited text file with quotes for text qualifiers. I've set it all up in SSIS 2008 set the "Text Qualifier" in the Flat File connection to: ".

Everything imports fine when I run in debug mode from Visual Studio but when I build it and try to run the .dtsx file from SQL 2008 using DTExec the Text Qualifier is ignored and the quotes are imported in. This has only been happening recently. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Scott

slaws
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 2010-12-15 : 14:37:54
Ok, I think I have a work around. So the text qualifier that I entered in the GUI for the Flat File Connection is being ignored.

To fix this I also added the TextQualifier as an Expression for the Flat File Connection (the value entered would be: "\"").

It totally works now.

Scott
Go to Top of Page

russell
Pyro-ma-ni-yak

5072 Posts

Posted - 2010-12-15 : 15:25:53
nice
Go to Top of Page

timnorvel
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2013-03-22 : 12:21:27
Thank you thank you thank you!! Years later, but this fixed my problem. It'd be nice to know why that text qualifier was being ignored, but at least you gave me a "fix". It was driving me crazy.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -