Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2005)
 Replicating Database

Author  Topic 

Feras82
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 2010-12-16 : 01:46:28
I have an application server with SQL Server 2005 database.
I want to replicate one of my databases on a remote server for reporting purpose.

The problem here, the recovery mode of the master database should be FUll where I have a volume of 1.3 GB data (MS CRM database),

now after changing the recovery mode to be full I will get an occupied space of hundreds GBs on the hard disk of the application server.

Kindly advice;

Syrian4ever

Bustaz Kool
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

1834 Posts

Posted - 2010-12-20 : 19:19:39
Which files are taking up the space? Have you tried to shrink them?

=======================================
Elitism is the slur directed at merit by mediocrity. -Sydney J. Harris, journalist (1917-1986)
Go to Top of Page

russell
Pyro-ma-ni-yak

5072 Posts

Posted - 2010-12-20 : 20:36:23
You can still leave the subscriber in simple recovery model.

Recovery model and replication are seperate issues.

If you must leave the subscriber in full, just run frequent transaction log backups on the subscriber and discard them.

Edit: by the way, just changing the recovery model will not change the footprint in and of itself.
Go to Top of Page

Bustaz Kool
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

1834 Posts

Posted - 2010-12-21 : 18:37:47
Is it possible that the log file is growing now that you are in full recovery mode?

=======================================
Elitism is the slur directed at merit by mediocrity. -Sydney J. Harris, journalist (1917-1986)
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -