Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Programming
 Help me!!!!!

Author  Topic 

adamgayo
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2010-12-22 : 07:53:01
i have question from my lecturer but i no idea how to do it...
question:

Create database for the following scenario:

Gemini Institute of IT offers certificate courses in programming lanugages, databases and MS office applications like MS Word, Access, Powepoint, Excel etc. A student can register for one or more courses (maximum is 3) and at the end of the course he is offered a certificate for each of these courses after taking an exam for that course. Student registers giving his IC/Passport number, first name, last name, HP No, email add, date of birth and residential address. Student after registration is assigned a unique student Id. He/Shecan not sit for the class if he does not pay the fees within 7 days of registration. Each course has a fixed duration and a fee which must be paid atleast 50%. Remaining 50% can be paid before getting the certificate. On fees payment his/her studentid, payment date, courseid and amount is entered and balance payment also (if any ) is recorded. When the certificate is awarded, the system checks if payment for the course has been made fully if no, the entry is rejected by the database. In addition to the above the database should have the following. Student attendance will be recorded entering the date, courseid and studentid.

a) List of students who have not paid fees
b) If a record is deleted from any table the user name and date should be logged in
c) List of students who have paid the fees partial or full

Some rules to observe

•For student registration IC/Passport No, studentid, first name, dateofbirth and address are compulsory

•For fee payment the fee amount should be >0, studentid is compulsory and coursed is also compulsory. Primary key should be transactionid.

•For certificate issue full fee must be paid.

•If the student has not paid atleast 50% fees his attendance will be rejected by the system

•For course information courseid, coursename, duration and fee are required whereas course description may be optional

GilaMonster
Master Smack Fu Yak Hacker

4507 Posts

Posted - 2010-12-22 : 09:40:42
We don't do homework. I don't need to pass that course and if I give you the answer you learn nothing.

Show what you've got so far, explain where you're stuck, we'll offer advice, not answers. If you have absolutely no idea, speak to your lecturer.

--
Gail Shaw
SQL Server MVP
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -