Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Administration
 SQL Server Group

Author  Topic 

ett9300
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 2011-01-12 : 15:56:17
We are running SQL Server 2000 on Windows 2003 server. For some reason, in Enterprise Manager, one of the SQL groups disappeared from the SQL Server Group. Is there a way to add the group back?

Please let me know if you need additional information.

Thanks.

Diane

russell
Pyro-ma-ni-yak

5072 Posts

Posted - 2011-01-12 : 15:58:43
Sounds like you'll need to recreate it. Possibly need to re-register the servers in EM too.

Maybe you accidentally dragged it into another group?
Go to Top of Page

ett9300
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 2011-01-12 : 23:28:25
Thanks for your prompt response, Russell.

How do I re-register the servers in EM? I only have one group. Maybe, I accidentally dragged it somewhere. The backup jobs are still running. However, I do not see the group or the user accounts. I need to do some maintenance. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Diane
Go to Top of Page

russell
Pyro-ma-ni-yak

5072 Posts

Posted - 2011-01-13 : 08:22:42
The groups are just arbitrary placeholders to make it easier for you to manage, and have no effect of the server itself. So deleting them won't cause any problem.

To create (or re-create) a group, right-click "Microsoft SQL Servers" and choose New SQL Server Group.

To register a server, right click a group and choose New SQL Server Registration.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -