Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2005 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2005)
 NT issue, error 0x534

Author  Topic 

centra28
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 2011-01-13 : 13:04:45
I haven't messed around w/ SQL server in a while, and I'm trying to get back into it. I'm working on a practice project trying to create a new data base through MS Visual Studios 2008. I have SQL Server 2005 w/ 2005 Management Studio Express.

In short, when I try to create a new database diagram, I'm getting a pop box stating there is no authorized dbo user, and ask if I'd like to be the authorized dbo user. I click yes, and then get prompted w/ another box stating it doesn't have the necessary objects...etc (i am aware of this, not an issue), but after i click yes on that box i get an error stating this:

Could not obtain information about Windows NT group/use 'SCHOOL\Dale', error code 0x534.

how do I correct this so that I can access the database? I've looked a few solutions up, but have been unable to correct the problem. I never had this issue before my wife and daughter made their own windows log in profiles. I'm not sure if that is the issue or not. if there is any additional information you need, I'll be happy to let you know.

Thanks in advance.

centra28
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 2011-01-14 : 11:39:05
just wondering if i am in the correct forums? or was my problem not very clear?
Go to Top of Page

russell
Pyro-ma-ni-yak

5072 Posts

Posted - 2011-01-14 : 12:31:53
Can you not access the instance, a database, or just problem creating diagrams?

Tried connecting with Management Studio?
Go to Top of Page

centra28
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 2011-01-14 : 15:26:32
I cannot connect to the database. When I attempt to create the diagram, it states I do not have dbo permissions. I did attempt to connect through Management Studio, but the database I created (or am attempting to create) in Visual Studios does not appear in Management Studios. I then tried to recreate the database using Management Studios, but I just got the same error when trying to create the data base diagram.
Go to Top of Page

centra28
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 2011-01-21 : 11:09:00
still looking for help on this
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -