Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 General SQL Server Forums
 New to SQL Server Programming
 Assistance with SQL Assembly DLL?

Author  Topic 

evilradish
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2011-02-03 : 04:33:57
First post...woo hooo :)

I am new to sql (been working on it for about 2 weeks now)and have come to my first stump

I am installing a plugin for an application that requires an assembly file with a dll extension. My question is where is this file or how do I create it. I am 90% sure this file will contain the connection details to a particular sql server/database but that is as far as I have got. Any assistance will be appreciated.

Lumbago
Norsk Yak Master

3271 Posts

Posted - 2011-02-03 : 07:22:48
Well...my advice is to look in the documentation for the plugin/application. Unless we are talking about installing an extended stored procedure there is nothing in sql server that deals with dll's from the user perspective (as far as I know).

- Lumbago
My blog-> www.thefirstsql.com
Go to Top of Page

Lumbago
Norsk Yak Master

3271 Posts

Posted - 2011-02-03 : 07:23:47
And btw: welcome to sqlteam! A lot of great learning can be achieved here by asking the right questions :)

- Lumbago
My blog-> www.thefirstsql.com
Go to Top of Page

evilradish
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2011-02-03 : 07:30:50
Thanks for the reply. I had asked my friend and he gave me the same answer. All the documentation says is:

Installing a SQL Table Formatter Provider¶
In order to install a new provider, you will need its assembly, which is a file with DLL extension.

I have never heard of this :s

And don't worry, I have many questions to follow ;)
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -