Flowing Fount of Yak Knowledge
Posted - 03/15/2011 : 15:51:34
| Hi all,
I have a requirement for a distributed replication system in SQL 2000. This system will have a central node and 700+ subscribers over an unreliable WAN. The fundamental requirements are:
- One-way replication from central node to subscribers
- Must use file-based transfers (no getting around this one, unfortunately)
- Small amounts of data to be moved periodically (not a constant stream of updates). Probably 100kb per day would be usual.
- Must be as close as possible to real-time
- Must have some method of reconciling with the central system to prevent tampering with the remote database (it's a long story, but preventing tampering altogether would be next to impossible)
I have an idea on how to get the replication to work, but not sure about the reconciliation bit. Is there any easy way to 'checksum' an entire database?
Thanks in advance,