Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 Other Forums
 Other Topics
 How to build Apps for iphone and ipad

Author  Topic 

bobmcclellan
Starting Member

46 Posts

Posted - 2011-04-09 : 13:02:40
Hello,
We have many apps currently using sql2005 back ends.
We now would like to look into creating apps to access our data
using both iphone and ipad. I know zero about this. Can anyone point me in the right direction with regard to what I need to learn to move towards this objective. I want to learn how to write front end apps that can be used with web services or some other solution to interact with our sql data.

Thanks in advance,
sincerely,
..bob

ajthepoolman
Constraint Violating Yak Guru

384 Posts

Posted - 2011-04-11 : 09:43:52
I briefly looked into it by Googling "iPhone app development". There are toolkits that can be installed for development purposes. Many tutorials exist too for various bits of functionality. One problem with iPhone is that it looks like you must have a Mac. I don't. Other developers were concerned about the license structure from Apple. According to some, Apple won't approve apps that were developed outside of their tookkit, which only runs on Macs. I might have been fed some bad information, so if you are serious about moving forward, I would consult someone with first hand knowledge.

Hey, it compiles.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -