Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2000 Forums
 SQL Server Administration (2000)
 Cannot use parameters with stored procedures

Author  Topic 

SidKnee
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2011-05-05 : 11:06:00
Hi

Hope I'm posting to correct forum. The problem has arisen as part of development but I think it's a database server/permission issue.

I have a database that is working fine. I can RDP to the server and run Enterprise Manager as dbo. I can create a stored procedure within this database fine. I can then launch Query Analyzer and view and open the stored procedure. However, if the stored procedure specifies parameters, they do not appear in the parameters list in the Execute Procedure window and I'm unable to set values. Naturally executing the procedure causes an "expects parameter" error. Also, when navigating the stored procedures for this database in the object browser in query analyzer, expanding the parameters folder for any procedure is empty. This is the same for any of the procedures created in this database including those added after using the diagram features e.g. dbo.dt_adduserobject. Therefore, I'm pretty confident that its not a syntax issue.

If I create a stored procedure which doesn't take any parameters, it works fine. I've confirmed that all tables are owned by dbo, I'm connecting as dbo which has full permissions.

Other databases on the server work fine and I can create and execute stored procedures with parameters fine.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Steven

russell
Pyro-ma-ni-yak

5072 Posts

Posted - 2011-05-05 : 11:41:02
It should open a window listing paramaters where you can key in the value(s).

But, why not just execute it in Query Analyzer?
Go to Top of Page

SidKnee
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 2011-05-05 : 12:02:55
It does open the Execute Procedure window where I expect to see the parameters listed and should be able to enter values but the parameters are not appearing in the list so I cannot enter values.
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -