Please start any new threads on our new site at https://forums.sqlteam.com. We've got lots of great SQL Server experts to answer whatever question you can come up with.

All Forums
 SQL Server 2008 Forums
 Other SQL Server 2008 Topics
 Sql Server Secruity

Author  Topic 

godistop1
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - 2011-05-06 : 08:46:34
Do not know if this is right place for this question, but do not know where to start to get the answer. I have search internet but I guess I am not asking the question correctly to find the answer and I know there is one out there.
I work for a growing medical field company, and we do billing for several location that is not in our domain. We use another process to import there data into our system to process billing.

Just started writing ASP.Net applications for users to use to report different information. What we need to do is host a sign screen app on a hosting site, using that information to get into our domain through the firewall and access the application that updates a another database. Not sure how to start, what type authentication which probably would be mixed mode.
Could give some information to start or a web site with tutorials?

russell
Pyro-ma-ni-yak

5072 Posts

Posted - 2011-05-06 : 08:49:49
Sounds to me very much like you need to hire a consultant or two, or three.

Medical records and billing information really should be handled by people who already know exactly what they're doing. This is sensitive information and a mistake or a security breach could have far-reaching consequences.
Go to Top of Page

godistop1
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - 2011-05-06 : 10:03:11
Thanks! But not the answer I was looking for, anyone else?
Go to Top of Page

- Advertisement -